Senior Compliance Officer with special responsibility for algorithmic trading compliance.
We are part of the algorithm approval process and safeguard the developing and maintaining of a control framework to support and enable algorithmic trading on financial as well as physical power markets.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
The independent Compliance function supports and challenges the business by promoting a compliant and risk aware culture which allows Vattenfall to move towards a fossil free future while safeguarding its reputation. This is done by identifying, assessing, advising, controlling, monitoring and reporting on BA Markets’ compliance risks. The scope of the Compliance function covers e.g. trading compliance, know your counterparty procedures and responsible sourcing management. We are present in the locations Hamburg and Stockholm.
For our office in Hamburg or Stockholm we are looking for a dedicated and motivated person with experience of algorithmic trading to fill the position of a Senior Compliance Officer in the Compliance team that sits within Staff Function Controlling.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious professionals who are looking for a challenging and diverse job within a leading energy company in one of the fastest changing and evolving trading areas.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
You will take an active role in the algorithm approval and algorithm framework development process and be the main Compliance contact for algorithm related tasks. This will entail a close cooperation with other relevant teams such as trading and risk functions, but also contacts with authorities and industry associations in algorithm related topics.
To match our high ambitions in algorithmic trading, we would like to continue to add value and enhance our risk and control framework by strengthening our algorithm competence in the Compliance function. You will contribute with your experience to a greater understanding of the algorithmic trading, to identify compliance risks and to mitigate them. Our aim is to allow business driven evolvement of the algorithmic trading while effectively managing the compliance risks.
You will join a small team of three other Senior Compliance Officers, one KYC and Quality Manager and one Responsible Sourcing Manager. The team is diverse and split across locations but operate as one team. We are close working, collaborative and have a high integrity and would like you to fit into this way of working. The team reports to the Head of BA Markets and to the Vattenfall Risk Committee.
The role will involve advising various stakeholder on compliance risks the company faces, and elevating decisions to a higher level, when appropriate.
Your job as a Senior Compliance Officer
- Algorithmic Trading: Main compliance contact for all algorithmic trading questions. This involves e.g. being part in approving new and changed algorithms as well as algorithmic trading control framework, participating in algorithm related internal and external meetings and discussions, ensuring that compliance risks are identified and mitigated.
- Handling other compliance tasks, yourself or together with other members of the team, as decided by the team itself on an ongoing basis depending on the relevant task and each team member’s expertise and workload. This can include:
- Risk assessment: Performing and improving the compliance risk assessment ensuring that risk are identified, assessed, mitigated and monitored
- Compliance framework and tools: Develop and improve compliance framework and tools, especially with focus on automation and digitalisation
- Compliance controls: Conduct regular or ad-hoc checks to secure adherence to applicable rules and to define measures to reduce discovered risks
- Incident Management: Lead and support on compliance incidents reported
- Reporting: Design, develop and communicate reports for different levels of the organization to help improve transparency and drive decision making
- Training and awareness: Give trainings and presentations to promote compliance and risk awareness
- Relationship management: Build solid relationships inside the business to stimulate a culture of compliance
We are looking for:
- Information Technology and technical mindset (e.g. Operations affinity/understanding and IT technical skills) to help drive improvements and give more assurance for technical related controls
- Ability to combine conceptual/big picture analysis with attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Fast learner and early adaptor of new business- and technological developments
- Ability to challenge status quo
- Effective ability to influence, drive change and resolve conflicts
- Team oriented and excellent communicator
- Experience with algorithmic trading regulations would be highly beneficial
- Ability to code in any object orientated language would be advantageous