Projects and Plant Changes are often engineered by Contractors but they require steering, guidance and control to assure compliance with Vattenfall standards and site specific requirements and to ensure correct alignment with specific maintenance and operational requirements. For smaller plant changes, basic and detailed engineering may be performed by Vattenfall’s engineers themselves. As the energy sector is rapidly changing towards sustainability we expect a shift towards more conceptual engineering of more chemical oriented processes, like for example carbon neutral fuels and heat pumps.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right persons to fill the vacancy of Process Engineer in the department Engineering within OU Heat Projects for one or more projects in the Netherlands, Germany, UK or Sweden.
OU Heat Projects develops and realizes all new build, LTE (life time extension) and nonstandard modification projects of BA Heat. The department Engineering is an international team with highly qualified professionals within OU Heat Projects. The department Engineering is responsible for the complete design process from developing and comparison of technical concepts in the earliest phase of the project, via the technical specification of a plant in the invitation to tender, technical bid evaluation and negotiation up to and including commissioning and start-up. The department also supports in scheduling, cost estimating and QA/QC management.
Your responsibilities as Process Engineer
The engineer will contribute to Feasibility studies, Basis of Design (BODs) and Basic Design Engineering Packages (BDEPs) and owners engineering (project execution and supervision) in order to assure all process and equipment aspects are included in the projects. This with the aim to ensure that equipment has the highest quality, can be safely operated and well maintained. The engineer will engage with other engineering discipline as and where required and will guide contractors to a good project end result.
As Process Engineer, you will provide technical support to our projects by:
• Bringing in your engineering expertise to deliver a safe, technical sound and high quality design for the process, equipment and building.
• Including optimum selection, fit-for-purpose specification of the process and equipment and its auxiliary systems.
• Give input to the Cost Estimate.
• Take part in negotiations, evaluate bids of contractors and give award recommendations.
• Ensuring quality assurance and quality control in construction, commissioning and startup phase.
• Selection and specification of equipment shall be in compliance with international Codes and Standards and with the Vattenfall standards.
• You will report to the Manager Process Engineering, OU Heat Projects.
• Motivating, coaching and provide active guidance to colleague engineers, contractor personnel and/or contractor staff.
• Share knowledge with team members through training, promotion of best practices and provide ongoing expert support.
Your qualifications as Process Engineer
Our successful candidate has a relevant University degree, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, Procurement and Construction. You have a very good command of Swedish and Englih, command of German and/or Dutch is a merit.
Your personal characteristics and competences:
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Managerial competences to develop in the direction of Engineering Manager are a benefit.
• Structured worker with ability to structure work of others.
• Self-propelling and a good team player.
• Experience in international cooperation, culturally sensitive.
• Knowledge of the Vattenfall project framework is a benefit.
• Experience with databases and spreadsheets is preferable.
• You enjoy working on international, multidisciplinary projects and are willing to travel.
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 16th January 2021. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Edwin van Ruijven, +31 6 5012 6071. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com . Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Kalle Almqvist, Akademikerna, Kjell Karlsson, Ledarna, Göran H. Johansson, SEKO och Patrik Nenzén, Unionen.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here: