Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Package Manager for Foundations to join the Foundations Department in the Engineering Division in Business Unit Offshore.
The Foundations Department is responsible for developing industry leading foundation designs to our growing portfolio of offshore wind projects, for delivering the foundation package to the projects and for support during operation.
As Package Manager Foundations you will be responsible for delivering the full foundation package to our asset projects until handover to operation and maintenance. You will be responsible for site and project specific adaptation of the foundation product developed in our Wind Farm Design organisation and for executing contracts with suppliers and contractors for manufacturing and installation. Reporting to the EPC Director for the project you will be responsible for a strong team of project managers and specialists.
Key Responsibilities as Package Manager Foundations:
As Package Manager Foundations, you will:
• Be actively involved in procurement of suppliers for manufacturing and installation
• Be responsible for executing supplier contracts for manufacturing and installation and delivering the foundation package within time and budget and to the required level of quality
• Manage internal stakeholders throughout the establishment phase. This includes HSE, Quality and interfaces to other products such as the Cable Package and the WTG Package.
• Manage the foundation package team
• Take HSE leadership for internal processes and for the interface with suppliers
• Continuous risk and opportunity management
• Support the EPC director and Project Director with strategic tasks related to e.g. partnering
• Represent the Foundations Department in the asset project and proactively monitor resource demands and communicate progress
• Facilitate that lessons learnt are captured and feed back to the line organisation
• Be part of our Management Team and engage in the continued development of the Foundations Department
The role requires the following profile:
• An educational background as engineer (M.Sc.) or similar with more than 10 years of experience with execution of large projects
• Broad experience from the offshore wind industry and a good understanding of the technical interdependencies in an offshore wind farm
• Extensive project and contract management experience and preferably experience with IPMA
• Experience with stakeholder management and HSE processes
• Your command of English is strong, in both verbal and written form
• You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners
• You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and see team work as an effective way to develop optimal solutions
• You can demonstrate strong collaboration skills in a multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural, often remote working environment
• Strong commercial mindset and excellent communication skills
• Experience with contract and supplier management
• Proficiency in English
Location: Hamburg, Copenhagen or Kolding
What we offer
You will work in an open, collaborative and modern environment, with great colleagues that support each other. We offer you a work environment with diverse, international and inspiring colleagues, where we focus on resilience and know that this is a key element for your wellbeing. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working conditions supported by a smart travel policy. The advantages of working for Vattenfall are about more than money and lifestyle privileges. Join our journey towards fossil free living within one generation.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact hiring manager Lars Lønstrup Nicolaisen, +45 2787 5007
For more information about the recruitment process please contact Teri-Anne Brink, email@example.com
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 01st of August 2021, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be a good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV, battery and hydrogen operations further.